Some tips to get a good night's sleep so we will stop feeling tired for a brand new day:
- Sleep and wake up at the same time everyday. This allows your body's "natural alarm clock" to adjust between wakefulness and sleepiness, and enables a restful sleep.
- Have a calming bedtime routine. Take a warm bath, read a magazine or drink a glass of warm milk to help you relax.
- Wear an eye mask for uninterrupted sleep if you do not have curtains or blinds.
- Do stretching exercises like reaching your arms up toward the ceiling while taking deep and slow breaths. It helps ease tensed muscles so you can fall asleep quickly.
- Make sure your bedroom temperature is not too cold or warm. The optimal temperature for sleep is 21 degrees Celsius. Run the air-conditioner and fan, set the timer to turn off the air-conditioner after one to two hours.